Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Animal Trainer

As reference to my last blog, I've had a few people giggle and suggest I might soon get my head eaten off by a lioness whom I may have pissed off.  Seeing eye to eye is something that is either just that or something like two magnets at odds or eye to navel. Who's navel is at what height is the question and obviously subjective.
Anyway, a psychologist has suggested to Ren to read the book 123 Magic. I think in relation to Coco's fear of death, which is nearly in hysteria. She'll ask questions and as they lead to her fear the only answer I can give is death and of course she then breaks down and starts screaming and crying. I've had to lie a few times, especially when asking about hypothermia and the sailing classes she doesn't want to goto, since there are only boys.
Ren came to me and read a passage from the book since my only reading is either architectural code, world news or fiction.  
Grownups who hold fast to the Little Adult Assumption will tend to rely on words and reasons when dealing with young kids.  Talking and explaining certainly have a place in raising young children, but kids are just kids - not little adults.  "Childhood is a period of transitory psychosis." Kids are basically bat shit nutty and to deal / cope as a parent requires a kind of dictatorship. The writer goes on to explain to break with the Little Adult Assumption try "cognitive shock therapy".  Imagine the little people as ummm, little lions or monsters making yourself the wild animal trainer.

I do see later in book (skimming) my stern zero to Mr Hyde isn't the way either.  But I was elated to see that democracy and council for youngsters hasn't become the new normal. 
Somewhere in there I'm likely looking at someone's naval. 
But
W
E

Kids are kids.  Till they can cook, clean, do laundry and be seemingly independent a democratic parent I will not be, especially when Raqu must have painful sores manipulated and cleaned near daily.  

Sucks to be my kids I guess.

Raqu had a bad day with the cornea.  Lost of crying.  Blood blister under tongue last night and one in esophagus too.  As she crushed and coughed it out she tongued the one at edge of lip.  Soo much fun needling children,  hahaha and parents too.


No comments:

Post a Comment