Thursday, May 23, 2013

Raquel's body 05/23/13

Webbed middle toes.  Her skin quite translucent and in bright light it almost looks like I can see through the onetime space.

This one in particular is very itchy for Raquel.  And she rubbed it with other foot and I did emergency change to realize the blood had transferred from other foot. It's clear here how the webbing takes place as under the toes becomes bridged to pad as toes are pulled and contorted by the pressure of tightening skin and scar tissue.
When we see her limping about it's either a bad one here or bottom.  A few posts ago it was both and she refused me to help. Imagine this, after a weekend hike in new boots.


What happens when wounds aren't managed promptly? The fluid sags and releases the epidermis, slumping further till we get scissors to cut away at edges to stop gravities evil work on her skin.  Red areas are scissor cuts.

Where I dropped her.  Amazing wound recovery.


Saw this for first time today, after what I heard was a scooter accident. Wasn't impressed that a scooter accident happened in the first place but it made me feel sick and terribly sad. 

I'm still extremely proud of her hands. Even though this happens once and a while.

Battered knees at 3 years old.  Milia are the pimple typed deposits.

The perfect foot.

 Perfect, except for the fact the big toe is being pulled under by scarring and the index getting pushed up and over.  Raquel and I battle relentlessly till I usually give up in fear of ripping skin off her foot or leg trying to hold her still while I cut at the thick scar tissue building up and pulling the toe under.  She's been getting her hands in the way when I'm about to cut fending me off with vigor.  An accident is going to happen!!  I can't wait for some M&M power!!!! (yes pain clinic - hear me)

No comments:

Post a Comment