Monday, November 5, 2012

Starting to worry

Raquel's breath now is getting bad due to her continued throat issues.  She hasn't swallowed much more than water just warmed from ice since her apple munching.
She's still charging around, but with a full mouth of saliva.  There are a couple bowls that follow her around which quickly fill.  After a good gob dump, she'll get in a word or two, then it's back to holding it.
The main issue is her forgetting and attempting to swallow then the choking that insues.
I'm listening to her cough now in her bed.  It sucks.

This evening Coco Raqu and I were reading some of Coco's French books while Raqu was playing at my side.  I reached to pat her head, but the issue was I wasn't actually watching and Raquel jumped up quickly.  All I felt was my nail dig deep into the edge of her eye socket and skim her nose.
In a flash I figured that was the end of that eye.  Except when I looked quickly at her face her eyes were both open and starring at me with a tidy little gouge just at the inside edge of her eye.
I felt sick to my stomach.  Not swallowing is one thing, a deep gouge to the eye would be another we'd not likely get over in a week or so.....

I'm wide awake and its late.
Can't sleep.  EB is pissing me off.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Raquel improves soon. I don't know how you do it. I just found out about EB and the only way I can help is by giving money to DEBRA and to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you can't sleep...
    so get a nice picture of Raquel on the blog title!!!
    and in few weeks you will be off to do some night skiing

    ReplyDelete