Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring is here.

Saturday was more of enjoying the weather.
Renata Cordelia, Jakob and I took off with the canoe.  Raquel stayed with Grandma as she's about two years from such an excursion.  Maybe we can get a little one this summer at the cabin.



It was as nice of a day as I've seen in months and months.  Jake and Cordelia were stars in the boat.
I didn't have to tell them to be careful once.  Renata did, but that was after I blamed them for rocking the boat every time Ren attempted to paddle.  Also we were only able to go up the river as far as Ren's paddling skills would allow.  I've had that boat twenty years now and I think Ren's been in it only a handful of times.  I learned from previous 'friends' that maybe I shouldn't bring my wife along or especially a person I'd hope to be my wife.


This morning Raquel and Cordelia talked for about twenty minutes in Raquel's crib.  So I get it.  These are the times that having two really rules.  We can slowly wake up from our room listening to the sweet music of them giggle and chat.  Or what ever it is that Raquel does.
I showed her the moon and sky today.  It was so brief in me mentioning it to her but she got it.
I really can't wait till she can join in the conversations.  She has every indication that she'll be just like her sister. 
This mornings Crazy 8's game over a muffin and an espresso.
I actually had a momentarily lapse of judgement and gave Raquel a few pieces of my muffin till she eventually started to choke.  Helplessly I watched and waited for the last piece to make it back out.



I have to say that in a half hour we in Vancouver can do this is amazing.
Except I don't want to share my spots, so shhh.


Trust me.  Raquel doesn't get left out of all the fun.  This is her derby crash'em up car.
I sling shot Raquel down the hall in her plastic go cart even when it tips and she rolls out bumping her head she always calls out for more....  Although it's usually more padded then what is seen here.

3 comments:

  1. shh..top of Grouse?..Seymour or Cypress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHHHH, SEYMOUR. FIRST BLUFF ABOVE PARKING LOT. MAKE YOUR OWN TRAIL. WATCH OUT FOR CLIFFS! MIND YOU THEY'RE PRETTY MUCH FILLED IN BY NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah!! Andy's favourite toy is the laundry hamper too! We play "crash" with it as well, but we make him wear his faux hard hat for head protection.
    Hope to see you guys this summer..

    ReplyDelete